10 Top Tips for World Mental Health Day
I joined GB News for a discussion on mental health for Mental Health Day.
The theme for this year’s World Mental Health Day is ‘looking after number 1’, and in light of this, I wrote up 10 top tips to help you look after number 1 — yourself:
- Even if you feel bad, it is likely that there is nothing wrong with you. It may be that things
have happened to you.
- Please explain how beating yourself up, makes things better. It doesn’t does it?
- Write down the things that are on your mind. Are they things you can influence, or things
- Those things you can’t change – let them go. Set yourself free from emotional prison.
- If you are still choosing to let things bother you, ask yourself, who is this serving?
- Remember never to punish yourself for the actions of another person, because that is what
you are doing when you get angry with someone.
- If you are determined to react to something, ask yourself what is the background reason for
this person doing or saying what they did? It may not be immediately obvious.
- Choose carefully, the games in which you participate.
- Ignore the games you don’t want play.
- A smile is the world’s cheapest and most effective anti-aging formula.